Tuition and Fees

  • Selwyn School Tuition

    Selwyn School is an independent, nonprofit organization, which means we receive no government funding. Tuition and fees support approximately 80% of our Argyle TX independent school operating expenses; the remaining 20% of the cost is contributed by parents, alumni, and friends of the Selwyn community through annual fundraising and auxiliary programs.

    2018-2019 Annual Tuition Rates

  • Pre-School

    • Five Days / Week
    • Three Days / Week
  • Lower School

    • Kindergarten
    • Grades 1 - 2
    • Grades 3 - 6
  • Middle School

    • Grades 7 - 8
  • Upper School

    • Grades 9 - 12
  • 2018-2019 International Student Annual Tuition Rate


    • $1,000 International Student Application and Enrollment Fee
    • 2018-2019 Tuition (cost dependent upon grade level, see above)
    • $2,000 English Support, Tutoring, Dedicated International Student Representative

    Additional Fees

    • Annual Fund Contribution
    • Perspectives Trip (cost dependent upon grade level)
    • Technology Fee ($200 for Lower School, $450 for Middle and Upper School)


    • There is no financial assistance available for international students
    • Applicant is responsible for the cost of shipping documents to our school, i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.

    Statement of Nondiscrimination

    Selwyn School admits students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of our educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, athletic or other school-administered programs.


  • 2018-2019 Online Application
  • New Student Registration

    • Application Fee:
      • $375 Pre-K – Grade 12
      • $1,000 International Student Fee
    • New Family Fee: (One-time, non-refundable fee for enrollment processing and related activities for families whose children were not previously enrolled at Selwyn.)
      • $1,000 for one child
      • $1,500 for two or more children.

    Additional Expenses

    Included in Annual Tuition: Facilities, PTO Dues, textbooks, class books and materials except computers. See our 2018-2019 Tuition and Fees Schedule for a list of additional expenses.

    Tuition Protection Insurance

    Tuition protection is available and allows for a partial return of tuition in the event of a withdrawal or dismissal. Tuition protection is available only at initial registration or re-enrollment. The cost is ten percent (10%) of the total tuition. Refunds are calculated at a rate of 60% of the tuition for any week not begun. Terms are detailed in the enrollment package.

    Payment Options

    There are three payment options for tuition at the Selwyn School. You will be prompted to select one of these three options upon signing the Enrollment Agreement. Please see our letter regarding the FACTS payment plan for more information about Options B & C.

    • Option A
      Tuition paid in full by June 30, 2018. This plan has a 5% discount if tuition and fees paid in full via cash or check on or before May 1, 2018.
    • Option B
      Pay 60% of the total tuition by June 30, 2018, and the remaining 40% by January 4, 2019.
    • Option C
      This option offers deferred payments of up to 10 months, with equal monthly installments. Payments must start no later than August 2018.  FACTS Tuition Management registration and a finance charge is required for all Option C payment plans. 


    We offer a 5% discount for children of full-time active military, police, fire, and EMT personnel.